Thursday, July 23, 2009

planning to read eventually... 'Asimov's Guide to the Bible', along with my red leather bound scholar's bible

"Asimov's Guide to the Bible" is biblical criticism "lite". Nothing too sacrilegious, anyone who enjoyed all their youthful bible studies would appreciate this book. It is secular criticism, but not to worry, it just means Asimov gets straightforwardly to the relevant historical and intellectual record, which is helpful for any bible reader. He doesn't have to tip-toe around issues of creed, which can greatly complicate.

Stacked BooksImage by George Stopka via Flickr

Erf, I have a stack of books as tall as I am that I need to get through first. My 12 year old daughter reads faster than I do, which is not encouraging for me (it is not hopeless, she is a fast reader and quite disciplined). All of it is non-fiction, because I am just not a fiction type dude.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: