Thursday, June 25, 2009

I am the love child of Daffy Duck and Goofy

First of all, if my life was made into a movie, I would spend the rest of my life attempting to destroy all extant copies of the movie. Too embarrassing.

Daffy Duck and Porky Pig in Robin Hood DaffyImage via Wikipedia

If you could mix Daffy Duck, Donald Duck, and Goofy, that would be a pretty close character to me. Make him look like Porky Pig, and you got something there. The plot would be like the ol' Tom and Jerry cartoons: I tease and torment my wife at the beginning, and then I am pummeled and punished back all throughout the rest of the cartoon. My daughter would join in a bit, helping mommie put the silly man back in his place.

Goofy, as he appears in the Kingdom Hearts ser...Image via Wikipedia

My wife works (hard, very hard), and drives our daughter to & from summer day school 30 minutes away, and cooks up a storm 5 days a week. And she still found time to make me a big bowl of yummy oatmeal before I woke up. I always am amazed the distance between the life I deserve and the life I have. I would thank God, but I think She would prefer I work harder on myself to close the gap. Get on your knees to ask for help, and offer gratitude.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: