Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Foot in Mouth disease: Everyone else's answer is much better than mine...

I am not a big fan of my nasty stinky mouth. I am that stereotypical nerd that blurts out sociopathic garbage. The only reason a few people still hang around me is that I take all criticism of myself seriously - I really try hard to give it a fair hearing, and if somebody has a beef with me, I am willing to meet them more than half-way to understand their viewpoint. Also, I much prefer open hostility to faked smarmy niceness - a fake smile really puts me on edge, and I can much better deal with somebody who openly hates me. Err, so I am just talking around the Plinky prompt... I am much better now that I am trying to build my self-esteem from an authentic place. Grouchiness can lead to "foot-in-mouth-disease" as well. Self-absorption leads to grouchiness.

Superb Fairy-wren, Malurus cyaneusImage via Wikipedia

I tell my daughter to think once, think twice, think three times before saying something that isn't a compliment to somebody. And if you cannot say anything nice, then don't say anything at all. My daughter rightly thinks: "Do as I say, not as I do" And Steven Covey talks about being loyal to those not present - don't ever talk about anyone behind their back.

“Instant Karma!” coverImage via Wikipedia

If it is any consolation to those I may have offended - my wife can really lay into me if I say the slightest thing from the corner of my stinky mouth, about her. Instant Karma - Yeeouch...

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: