Monday, February 1, 2010

I am jealous of people who had sweet romances in their youth

EnvyImage by annalise.ellen via Flickr
Kinda cutting close to the bone, but I admit I am jealous of people who had sweet romances in their youth. My whole first quarter of a century of living was full of longing for romance. I can hardly blame the 3.4 billion women for my lack of romance- I was a very troubled boy with a head full of troubling thoughts. I am now sufficiently medicated for a relationship, and I have pulled my head out of my ass enough for a relationship - and, what do you know, I now have a relationship. So huzzah for modern pharmacology and pulling heads out of asses.
Young romance.Image by rpb1001 via Flickr

But adult relationships cannot have the same sweetness of young romances, and that is a downer. But indulging in long bouts of envy cannot lead to a better life, so reminding myself of this fact is how I stop indulging in envy.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: