Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dignity begins when boasting ends

This is brilliant. From:
Subhashita Manjari
(A Collection of Sanskrit epigrams)
Remind myself when my wife says I make as ass of myself every time I speak for longer than 2 minutes 45 seconds, or start speaking without pausing for at least 1 minute 45 seconds.
Dignity begins when boasting ends: "

Devimahatmya MS in Sanskrit on palm-leaf, Biha...Image via Wikipedia

चतुरः सखि मे भर्ता यल्लिखति तत् परो न वाचयति । तस्मादप्यधिकं मे स्वयमपि लिखितं स्वयं न वाचयति ॥

'My husband is very clever. Nobody can understand what he writes', says a lady to her friend. Her friend replies, 'My husband is even more clever, he himself can't understand what he writes!'

en: Guru Nātyāchārya Vidūshakaratnam Padma Shr...Image via Wikipedia

'We rise in glory, as we sink in pride, Where boasting ends, there dignity begins'
Share this impressive verse of ancient wisdom! Share this feed. Read more

"
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: