Friday, December 18, 2009

Never give advice to a fool


Stańczyk by Jan Matejko

The jester is the onl...Image via Wikipedia
Ugh, reminds me of what a fool I have been. Of course I have ignored this sound advice, because I, myself, am a complete fool.

Subhashita Manjari (A Collection of Sanskrit epigrams): Never give advice to a fool: "
पयःपानं भुजङ्गानाम्
केवलं विषवर्धनम् ।
उपदेशो हि मूर्खाणाम्
प्रकोपाय न शान्तये ॥
- हितोपदेशः

The milk fed to a snake only increases its venom. Similarly, the advice given to a fool leads to aggravation and not peace.


Birch-bark manuscript. 62 folios. Date not kno...Image via Wikipedia
Advice is least heeded when most needed.Every evil has its remedy, except folly.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

"
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: