Thursday, May 22, 2008

Firefox, Eclipse - User Defined Spell Check Dictionaries

Mozilla FirefoxImage via Wikipedia

Want to add words to Firefox's text-box spell-checker? On my Windows 2K Pro it is located at: C:\Documents and Settings\MANUEL_G\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6qcueeru.default\persdict.dat (What the hell is "6qcreeru"? Is my own computer calling me "6queen queer"? OUTRAGE!) So the wonderfulness starts with "persdict.dat" I have it as a "Favorite" in UltraEdit, so I can add words at will. UltraEdit has a very large dictionary, so it is a fine way to double check the spelling before adding the word (and to verify I didn't accidentally add a misspelling to Firefox's spell-checker). (((

A picture of a dictionary viewed with a lens o...Image via Wikipedia

Spell-checker for Eclipse? Glad you asked! Set the file at: Window | Preferences... | General | Editors | Text Editors | Spelling | Dictionaries | User defined dictionary (Whew!) )))
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: